Haberler      English      العربية      Pусский         Kurdî      Türkçe Delivering News and Insights Around the World Keltis
  En.Haberler.Com - Latest News
SEARCH IN NEWS:
  HOME PAGE 09/04/2020 03:56 
22.08.2019 21:20 News >> 'Turkey Will Resolutely Continue Explorations In E Med'

'Turkey Will Resolutely Continue Explorations In E Med'

Turkish president says no project excluding Turkey or Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus can be realized in Eastern Med.

Turkey will "resolutely" continue to explore hydrocarbon resources in the Eastern Mediterranean, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Thursday.
Erdogan's remarks came at a press conferences in Ankara, Turkey's capital, following his meeting with Ersin Tatar, Prime Minister of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC).
Erdogan pinned the blame on the irreconcilable attitudes of the Greek Cypriot side for the lingering Cyprus dispute.
Turkey's president also warned: "No project ignoring Turkey or Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus can be realized in Eastern Mediterranean."
Tatar is in Turkey for his first official visit to the country upon the invitation of Erdogan.
Some high-level officials from TRNC are accompanying Tatar during his trip.
Turkey has consistently contested the Greek Cypriot administration's unilateral drilling in the Eastern Mediterranean, asserting that the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) also has rights to the resources in the area.
Since spring this year, Ankara has sent two drilling vessels -- Fatih and most recently Yavuz -- to the Eastern Mediterranean, asserting the right of Turkey and the Turkish Republic of North Cyprus (TRNC) to the resources of the region.
Turkey's first seismic vessel, the Barbaros Hayrettin Pasa, bought from Norway in 2013, has been conducting exploration in the Mediterranean since April 2017.
Athens and Greek Cypriots have opposed the move, threatening to arrest the ships' crews and enlisting EU leaders to join their criticism.
In 1974, following a coup aiming at Cyprus' annexation by Greece, Ankara had to intervene as a guarantor power. In 1983, the TRNC was founded.
The decades since then have seen several attempts to resolve the dispute, all ending in failure. The latest one, held with the participation of the guarantor countries -- Turkey, Greece, and the U.K. -- ended in 2017 in Switzerland. -



        Latest News
WHO Minimized COVID-19 Threat 'Very Strongly': Trump 2 minutes ago...
World Health Organization 'got it wrong. In many ways, they were wrong,' says US president of coronavirus response.
South Africa Reports Five More COVID-19 Deaths 33 minutes ago...
Number of cases continues to rise as country observes curfew.
COVID-19: Real Madrid Wage Cut For Players And Staff 3 minutes ago...
Spanish football club say some club members, first team players to reduce wages for this year by between 10% and 20%
Turkey Launches COVID-19 Isolation Tracking Project 17 minutes ago...
Warning message will be sent to patients’ mobile phones if they violate quarantine process.
Uganda Tightens Measures After COVID-19 Cases Rise 33 minutes ago...
President vows harsh crackdown on those who disregard his instructions.

 
      Top News
Turkish Spox Calls For Global Unity Amid COVID-19 Turkish Spox Calls For Global Unity Amid COVID-19
Expert: Belgium Approaching Coronavirus Peak Expert: Belgium Approaching Coronavirus Peak
Coronavirus Death Toll In Iran Rises To 4,003 Coronavirus Death Toll In Iran Rises To 4,003
'Turkey Will Not See Virus-Induced Food Shortage' 'Turkey Will Not See Virus-Induced Food Shortage'
Ronaldinho Leaves Paraguay Prison For House Arrest Ronaldinho Leaves Paraguay Prison For House Arrest
Coronavirus Continues Spreading In Arab Countries Coronavirus Continues Spreading In Arab Countries
Israel Virus Cases Surge Past 9,200, Death Toll At 65 Israel Virus Cases Surge Past 9,200, Death Toll At 65
China Urges US To Prioritize Domestic COVID-19 Fight China Urges US To Prioritize Domestic COVID-19 Fight
COVID-19: Australia Death Toll At 46, Cases Near 6,000 COVID-19: Australia Death Toll At 46, Cases Near 6,000
China Reports No New Deaths From COVID-19 For 1St Time China Reports No New Deaths From COVID-19 For 1St Time