22.05.2026 23:30
The arrest decision for Muhittin Böcek, who was arrested and suspended from duty as part of the 'bribery' and 'corruption' investigation into the Antalya Metropolitan Municipality, has been converted to house arrest in a case alleging public loss in ASAT and its affiliate company ALDAŞ. However, Böcek, who had previously testified under effective remorse provisions, will remain detained due to other cases he is facing trial in.
Within the scope of the 'bribery' and 'corruption' investigation against Antalya Metropolitan Municipality, Muhittin Böcek was taken into custody on July 5. Referred to the courthouse on the same day, Böcek was arrested and removed from his position.
Böcek was arrested by the Antalya Chief Public Prosecutor's Office on charges of 'bribery' and 'extortion' regarding the municipal subsidiary ANSET, and for allegedly causing a total public loss of 399 million 507 thousand liras through the Antalya Water and Wastewater Administration (ASAT) Directorate and its subsidiary company Altyapı Yönetim ve Danışmanlık Ticaret A.Ş. (ALDAŞ).
HOUSE ARREST DECISION IN PUBLIC LOSS CASE
Muhittin Böcek's lawyers applied for the lifting of the arrest decision. Evaluating the situation, the court panel decided to convert the detention into house arrest. Muhittin Böcek remains in custody in the cases he is being tried for regarding municipal subsidiary companies.
HAD GIVEN STATEMENT OF EFFECTIVE REMORSE
Antalya Metropolitan Municipality Mayor Muhittin Böcek, who was arrested on July 5, 2025, and suspended from duty within the scope of the 'bribery' and 'corruption' investigation conducted by the Antalya Chief Public Prosecutor's Office, and his son Gökhan Böcek had applied for effective remorse.
In his statement, Gökhan Böcek claimed that, on the instruction of CHP Chairman Özgür Özel, Veli Ağbaba called him and demanded 1 million euros for Muhittin Böcek's re-nomination. Stating that he told his father about the situation, Gökhan Böcek said Muhittin Böcek told him, "Do what is necessary." Gökhan Böcek stated that he delivered the money to Veli Ağbaba through an intermediary.
Making other allegations in his statement, Gökhan Böcek claimed that during Özgür Özel's visit to Antalya, 200 thousand dollars were delivered in a bag with his father's knowledge. Claiming that 15 million liras were provided to the party during the Konyaaltı Mayor election process, Gökhan Böcek said, "During the Kılıçdaroğlu period, we received support money from the headquarters. In this recent period, we gave to the headquarters."
"MY SON'S STATEMENT ABOUT 1 MILLION EUROS IS TRUE"
In his statement to the prosecutor's office, Muhittin Böcek stated that after the expressions used by CHP Chairman Özgür Özel in a meeting, he thought the party headquarters might have financial and moral support demands for the candidacy and campaign process. Describing that he therefore spoke to his son Gökhan Böcek about providing the necessary support, Muhittin Böcek stated his son told him that 1 million Euros were demanded through Veli Ağbaba. Muhittin Böcek said, "My son Gökhan's statement regarding the demand for 1 million euros is correct."
At the prosecutor's office, Muhittin Böcek was also asked about Gökhan Böcek's claim that 200 thousand dollars were given during the launch in Antalya upon the request of Özgür Özel. On this matter, Muhittin Böcek stated, "I do not know the details of this issue, but as I explained above, I informed him that the headquarters' potential demand in this regard should be met. I had previously instructed Gökhan to meet the demands during the election campaigns."