20.08.2026 01:40
There has been no news from businessman Suleyman Kaplan, who took construction materials to the Ivory Coast, since June 19, 2026. Kaplan's brother, Danyal Kaplan, claimed that his brother was kidnapped by gangs, the construction materials were confiscated, and his vehicle was put up for sale on social media. Kaplan asked for help in finding his brother.
Suleyman Kaplan, a married father of four who trades in construction materials, went to Ivory Coast on May 5, 2026, for business purposes.
According to the claim of Kaplan's brother, Danyal Kaplan, his brother called him on June 19, saying that some people were threatening him and that he was having problems with the construction materials and the vehicle that had been sent.
"THEY ARE THREATENING ME, HELP ME"
Stating that his brother called him once more on June 19 and asked for help, saying they had seized the materials and the vehicle, Kaplan said, "After June 19, we couldn't hear from my brother. We couldn't reach him at all."
"THEY PUT THE VEHICLE UP FOR SALE ON FACEBOOK"
Claiming that the vehicle and construction materials could not be reached after his brother's disappearance, Kaplan said he saw the vehicle put up for sale on social media. Kaplan said, "They fled with our materials, they fled with our car. I even saw our car on Facebook. They had put it up for sale. I had the vehicle purchased and brought it to the police station."
"THEY SAY, 'YOUR BROTHER IS IN OUR HANDS, YOU CANNOT TAKE HIM'"
Stating that some people contacted him after his brother's disappearance, Danyal Kaplan claimed he was threatened. Kaplan said, "The kidnappers contact me. They use words like 'Your brother is in our hands, you cannot take him.' However, they are not asking for any ransom. I went to Ivory Coast the day right after my brother was kidnapped. I met with the people whose names my brother had given. I think they are also scared because of this. That's why they can't ask for a ransom right now."
"IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN TWO MONTHS, WE COULDN'T ACCESS THE CAMERA FOOTAGE"
Stating that they also met with Turkish officials in Ivory Coast to find Suleyman Kaplan, Danyal Kaplan said they could not access the camera footage despite the time that had passed. Kaplan said, "We met with the consul. I said, 'My esteemed ambassador, why can't we access the camera footage?' He said, 'We are doing what is necessary.' But more than 2 months have passed. We still haven't been able to access the camera footage."
"MY BROTHER HAS 4 CHILDREN, WE ARE ALL DEVASTATED"
Stating that his brother has 4 children, Kaplan said his family is in great distress. Appealing to the authorities, Danyal Kaplan said, "My brother has 4 children. We are all devastated. We expect support from the authorities for the finding of my brother and the clarification of the incident."