05.04.2025 13:10
A 2-year-old baby was assaulted by two children at a private daycare in Antalya. The mother, who filed a complaint due to the incident, said, "When I picked up my daughter, her face and all over her body were bruised, swollen, and covered in blood." The father stated, "In the footage, two children are mercilessly beating my daughter, climbing on top of her for 15 minutes, pulling off her diaper and dragging her on the ground, kicking her, and biting her all over."
Images of a 2-year-old baby being assaulted in the sleep room of a private nursery in the Muratpaşa district of Antalya were recorded by security cameras. The family has filed a complaint regarding the incident.
Mother Buse Altıparmak dropped her daughter off at the private nursery in the Yeşilbahçe neighborhood on the morning of March 28 and then went to work. She received a call from the nursery management around noon, stating that "her daughter had been bitten by another child in the cafeteria." When Altıparmak went to her child, she noticed that her baby had marks on her face, bruises, and blood stains on her nose and ears.
THEY OBTAINED THE FOOTAGE AT THE REQUEST OF THE PROSECUTOR
Buse Altıparmak took her daughter to the hospital with her husband Onur Altıparmak. The couple later saw in the security camera footage they obtained at the request of the prosecutor that their baby had been assaulted by two older children in the nursery. The Altıparmak couple filed a complaint against the nursery and those responsible for the incident.
"MY DAUGHTER'S EYES WERE SWOLLEN FROM CRYING"
Buse Altıparmak recounted that when the nursery called her, they said her daughter had been bitten by another child in the cafeteria and that she was fine. Despite her request for a photo regarding her daughter's bite, she was told that her daughter was sleeping and the environment was dark, which delayed the response. Altıparmak noted:
"The nursery management told me over the phone that the child who assaulted my daughter had been expelled from the nursery. This made me even more worried, and I went to the nursery. They told me there was no footage of the incident and brought my daughter to me. When I picked her up, her face was bruised, swollen, and covered in blood and bruises. When I held her and checked, there was dried blood in her nose and ear. When I asked what had happened, they again said it was a bite. My daughter's eyes were swollen from crying. The nursery management, which did not take my child to the hospital, started to suggest taking her to the hospital while I was checking her. When I took my daughter to the hospital with my husband, the doctor said that the injuries on my daughter were not just from a simple bite but were serious assaults, and a report was filed for the assault."
Altıparmak expressed that her daughter woke up crying after the incident and did not want to fall asleep.
"MY DAUGHTER WAS TORTURED FOR 15 MINUTES"
Father Altıparmak stated that he learned about the incident through his wife's call and described how his daughter had bruises, wounds, and bleeding from her ear and nose, and was covered in injuries when he saw her. He mentioned that the nursery management did not show them the footage at first, saying, "When we obtained the footage through the prosecutor, we saw how serious the incident was. In the camera recording, there were no teachers, caregivers, or responsible adults present when my baby was assaulted. The footage shows two children mercilessly assaulting my daughter, climbing on her for 15 minutes, pulling off her diaper, dragging her on the floor, kicking her, and biting her all over. She was subjected to such cruelty that my daughter was continuously tortured."
THEY TRIED TO PUT HER TO SLEEP AFTER THE INCIDENT
Altıparmak stated that no responsible adult came when the child was assaulted and that when they did arrive, they tried to calm her down. He noted that after the incident, neither an ambulance nor the police were called, and the baby was attempted to be put to sleep.
Altıparmak emphasized that the nursery management showed the footage to the family of the child who assaulted his daughter, while they were told that there was no footage of the incident. They filed a complaint against those responsible. Nursery official C.B. stated that a legal process has begun regarding the incident and that they would not make any statements.