Haberler   
  English   
  Kurdî   
  En.Haberler.Com - Latest News
SEARCH IN NEWS:
  HOME PAGE 14/07/2024 05:41 
News  > 

Following 2-Week Raid, Israel Leaves Gaza's Al-Shifa Hospital In Ruins

03.04.2024 12:12

‘Al Shifa Hospital is completely demolished, with all hospital facilities burnt down,’ hospital official tells Anadolu.

Following extensive damage to Gaza's Al-Shifa Hospital following two weeks of Israeli army raid, Palestinian doctors said the hospital's entire premises had been destroyed by fire and bombings, rendering it unusable.

Speaking to Anadolu, Marwan Abu Sada, head of the Department of Surgery at the hospital, said the Israeli army withdrew from Al-Shifa Hospital, leaving behind widespread destruction throughout the hospital's buildings and facilities.

Abu Sada underlined that the destruction inflicted by the Israeli army has made it impossible to resume medical operations to aid the wounded and patients.

"The Israeli army blew up hospital buildings by setting up booby traps, burned oxygen stations and electric generators, and set fire to all sections of the hospital."

Highlighting the urgent need for the hospital's complete reconstruction, Abu Sada urged the international community to investigate the atrocities and find alternative medical solutions for Palestinians in the besieged enclave.

Hospital turned left in ruins

Fares Afanah, the director of Ambulance and Emergency Services at the hospital, also recounted arriving at the scene after the Israeli army's withdrawal and witnessing a scene of devastation including "decomposed bodies."

"Al-Shifa Hospital is completely demolished, with all hospital facilities burnt down. It's like a massive wreckage left behind by a destructive earthquake. Due to the extensive devastation caused by Israel, the hospital is not suitable for operation again."

Describing the situation in the Palestinian territory as a humanitarian disaster, Afanah condemned the "ongoing genocide" in Palestinian territories, with Israeli forces targeting anything in motion.

Earlier on Monday, Israel announced that it had withdrawn from Gaza Strip's largest health complex, Al-Shifa Hospital, and its surroundings after its two-week-long raids which began on March 18.

According to eyewitnesses speaking to Anadolu, the Israeli army withdrew from inside the Al-Shifa Hospital and the surrounding areas west of Gaza City, leaving scores of casualties and extensive destruction in the hospital and its vicinity.

Israeli forces also burned the buildings of the kidney and maternity wards, mortuary refrigerators, and cancer and burn facilities, and destroyed the outpatient clinic building, according to the witnesses.

Palestinian medical sources said the hospital is now completely out of service and the army destroyed all medical equipment in the compound, including the operation rooms and intensive care units.

The hospital was previously raided on Nov. 16 after it was besieged for one week when its courtyards, parts of its buildings, medical equipment, and the power generator were destroyed.

*Writing by Seda Sevencan in Ankara -



 
Latest News
  • The moment of the attack on Donald Trump was captured on camera.
  • The assassination attempt on former US President Donald Trump during a rally was captured on camera in real time. It was observed that he instinctively covered his ear as the gun was fired, and his security guards immediately surrounded him.
  • 14 minutes ago...

  • Assassination attempt on former US President Donald Trump during a rally.
  • During a rally in Pennsylvania, a gunshot was fired at Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump. Secret service agents and police quickly removed Trump from the podium, while the former US President was injured in his right ear. The moment of the attack was captured on camera. According to news reports in the US media, one spectator lost their life in the incident, and the armed assailant was neutralized.
  • 44 minutes ago...

  • They pointed out the electricity company! Statement from the Metropolitan Municipality regarding the incident in Izmir.
  • Izmir Metropolitan Municipality Mayor Cemil Tugay made a statement regarding the incident where two people lost their lives after being electrocuted by stepping into a puddle of water on the street in Konak district of Izmir. Tugay stated that there was no infrastructure work carried out by the municipality in the area and pointed out GDZ Electricity, saying, "It is documented with photos that the electricity lines belonging to GDZ Electricity Inc. were laid 23 cm below the ground in violation of the construction technique."
  • 24 minutes ago...


  • Threat from Russia: Potential victims will be European capitals.
  • After the announcement of the United States deploying long-range weapons to Germany starting from 2026, Russia issued an open threat. Kremlin Spokesperson Dmitry Peskov, in a statement to a journalist, threatened European countries by saying, "Europe is the target of our missiles, and our country is also the target of US missiles in Europe. We have the potential to stop these missiles, but in such a situation, potential victims will be the capitals of Europe."
  • 3 minutes ago...

 
 
Top News