Journalist Rasim Ozan Kütahyalı, who had been detained for approximately 3 months, has been released.

Journalist Rasim Ozan Kütahyalı, who had been detained for approximately 3 months, has been released.

18.08.2026 22:40

A release decision was issued for journalist Rasim Ozan Kütahyalı, who was arrested on May 18 within the scope of the investigation into "illegal betting," "qualified fraud," "bribery," and "money laundering" conducted by the Adana Chief Public Prosecutor's Office.

A new development has occurred regarding journalist Rasim Ozan Kütahyalı, who was arrested on May 18 as part of the "illegal betting," "aggravated fraud," "bribery," and "money laundering" investigation led by the Adana Chief Public Prosecutor's Office.

EXPERT REPORT ADDED TO FILE, RELEASED

Within the scope of the investigation, a detailed expert report regarding Kütahyalı's position in the investigation and his financial transactions was added to his file. He was first sent to Adana Kürkçüler Prison and then transferred to Istanbul Maltepe Prison.

Following the addition of the report to the file, the objection to the detention filed by Kütahyalı's lawyer, İsmail Mirşad Albayrak, was accepted by the higher court. With the acceptance of the objection, a release decision was issued for Kütahyalı.

WHAT HAPPENED?

Within the scope of an operation organized in 21 provinces centered in Adana, legal proceedings were initiated against many individuals on charges of "illegal betting," "aggravated fraud," "bribery," and "money laundering." Rasim Ozan Kütahyalı, who was detained within the framework of the operation, and Selahattin Akın Uzun, who was alleged to be the leader of the criminal organization, were arrested. 

EMPHASIS ON MASAK FROM THE MINISTRY

In his statement regarding the investigation, Minister of Justice Akın Gürlek stated that there was a serious financial monitoring process behind the operation. Gürlek noted that the process was progressing entirely in line with MASAK reports. Drawing attention to the fact that Kütahyalı was caught in the review due to his money movements, Gürlek said that allegations of transferring money to illegal betting sites and acting as an intermediary were being investigated.

ALLEGATION OF "MONEY TRAFFIC TO ILLEGAL BETTING SITES"

In his statement, Minister Gürlek said, "There is a major operation being carried out by the Adana Chief Public Prosecutor's Office. The process is progressing entirely based on MASAK reports. He has been caught in MASAK's monitoring during money movements. There are allegations such as sending money to illegal betting sites and acting as an intermediary."

In order to provide you with a better service, we position cookies on our site. Your personal data is collected and processed within the scope of KVKK and GDPR. For detailed information, you can review our Data Policy / Disclosure Text. By using our site, you agree to our use of cookies.', '