Visa Application to the US Embassy from the Iran National Team

Visa Application to the US Embassy from the Iran National Team

21.05.2026 13:01

The Iran National Football Team, which will participate in the 2026 FIFA World Cup, has applied for visas to the US Embassy in Ankara. The team has been in camp in Antalya since May 19. It is recalled that US President Trump previously expressed security concerns regarding the team's participation.

The Iran National Football Team, which will compete in the 2026 FIFA World Cup to be held in the USA, Canada, and Mexico, has applied for visas at the U.S. Embassy in Ankara.

Players of the Iran National Football Team, who will participate in the World Cup scheduled from June 11 to July 19 and co-hosted by the USA, arrived at the U.S. Embassy in Ankara to apply for visas.

While exiting the embassy, the Iranian footballers smiled when a reporter asked whether their visa application was successful.

The Iran National Football Team had entered a training camp in Antalya on May 19. Iran Football Federation First Vice President Mehdi Mohammad Nabi told journalists that they would go to Ankara for visa procedures for both the USA and Canada for all team members, noting that some international players would join them for visa processes and other procedures.

U.S. President Donald Trump said on May 12, "The Iran National Football Team can participate in the World Cup, but I don't think it's appropriate for their own lives and safety."

In order to provide you with a better service, we position cookies on our site. Your personal data is collected and processed within the scope of KVKK and GDPR. For detailed information, you can review our Data Policy / Disclosure Text. By using our site, you agree to our use of cookies.', '