Haberler      English      العربية      Pусский         Kurdî      Türkçe Delivering News and Insights Around the World Keltis
  En.Haberler.Com - Latest News
SEARCH IN NEWS:
  HOME PAGE 28/09/2021 20:47 
10.06.2021 01:41 News >> Turkish Family Files New Complaint Against UAE, US Consulate

Turkish Family Files New Complaint Against UAE, US Consulate

Lawyers claim US Consulate General in Istanbul collected intelligence on Mehmet Ali Ozturk and passed it to UAE.

The family of a detained Turkish businessman filed a new criminal complaint Wednesday against the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the US Consulate General in Istanbul for "crimes against humanity."
The family and lawyers of businessman Mehmet Ali Ozturk arrived at the Istanbul Justice Palace in northwestern Turkey to file the complaint with the Istanbul Prosecutor General's Office for new criminal charges.
After that, Mehmet Ali Ozturk's wife Emine Ozturk and son Abdullah Ozturk, along with their attorneys Mete Gencer and Gulden Sonmez, issued a press statement in front of the Istanbul courthouse.
According to the lawyers, a Turkish businessman and his wife were held in February 2018 at the Gulfood Fair in Dubai.
Emine Ozturk was sent to Turkey the next day, but there was no word on Mehmet Ali Ozturk's whereabouts for three and a half months.
They later learned that he was tortured and sentenced to life in prison for allegedly supporting terrorism. Ozturk has been imprisoned at Al Whatba Prison for three years in poor conditions.
Lawyers claimed that some US officials were complicit in the "crime" during the interrogation of their client, adding that the US Consulate General in Istanbul collected intelligence on Ozturk and passed it to UAE.
In the additional complaint, the lawyers said they have asked the prosecutor's office to take action against officials of the US Consulate General in Turkish metropolis Istanbul.
The lawyers stated that Ozturk was subjected to crimes against humanity.
The lawyers submitted the evidence and information about these claims to the Attorney General's Office, emphasizing that Ozturk's condition has been worsening every day.
Lawyers Mete Gencer and Gulden Sonmez filed a criminal complaint with the Istanbul Prosecutor General's Office on Dec. 11, 2020.
The Istanbul Public Prosecutor's Office, after receiving the complaint, launched an investigation and asked the UAE to initiate proceedings against the officials involved for crimes against Ozturk and his family.
*Writing by Merve Berker -



        Latest News
US Generals Contradict Biden On Leaving Troops In Afghanistan 9 minutes ago...
US president said last month no military leader advised him to leave small troop presence in Afghanistan.
Turkey Has Administered Over 108.7M Vaccine Jabs To Date 9 minutes ago...
Over 53.6M people have received 1st doses, more than 44M fully vaccinated, according to Health Ministry.
European Stocks Close Tuesday In Red 9 minutes ago...
Major European indices suffer drops, falling by more than 2% at close, while Asian stocks closed with mixed figures.
Palestinian Child Seriously Injured By Israeli Fire In West Bank 23 minutes ago...
12 year old boy from Al Aroub refugee camp injured in abdomen.
Taliban To Implement Monarch-Era Constitution In Afghanistan 38 minutes ago...
Group says laws, international treaties not ‘against Islam and the Taliban government,” principles, would be respected.

 
      Top News
Jordan To Resume Flights To Syria From Oct. 3 Jordan To Resume Flights To Syria From Oct. 3
'Wrong Impression About Bangladesh Disappearing' 'Wrong Impression About Bangladesh Disappearing'
African Cities Need Billions To Fight Climate Change: Report African Cities Need Billions To Fight Climate Change: Report
Greek Cypriot Leader Rules Out 2-State Solution In Cyprus Greek Cypriot Leader Rules Out 2-State Solution In Cyprus
Turkey Has Administered Over 108.3M Vaccine Jabs To Date Turkey Has Administered Over 108.3M Vaccine Jabs To Date
Afghanistan To Not Address UN General Assembly Monday Afghanistan To Not Address UN General Assembly Monday
Yemen Rebels Claim To Shoot Down US Drone In Marib Yemen Rebels Claim To Shoot Down US Drone In Marib
Diary Diary
At Least 12 People Killed In Houthi Attack In NW Yemen: Media At Least 12 People Killed In Houthi Attack In NW Yemen: Media
Anadolu Agency's Morning Briefing - Sept. 27, 2021 Anadolu Agency's Morning Briefing - Sept. 27, 2021