29.08.2025 16:23
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro stated regarding U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to send a naval group consisting of a submarine and seven warships to the Caribbean region under the pretext of "fighting drug cartels," "There is no way for them to enter Venezuela."
Maduro, who attended the closing ceremony of the 2nd Revolutionary Special Operations Course held in the Macarao area of Caracas, the capital of Venezuela, evaluated the latest developments in his speech made in military uniform. Regarding a possible military intervention in his country, Maduro stated, "There is no way for them to enter Venezuela. This siege, harassment, and illegal threats that violate the United Nations Charter that we are facing are for our strengthening."
"WE ARE STRONGER THAN YESTERDAY AFTER A 20-DAY SIEGE"
Maduro said, "Inform all personnel, all militia forces at the national level, and the people. We also need to evaluate these conditions to strengthen the nation's defense plans. Today, after a 20-day uninterrupted siege, we are stronger than yesterday. We have more national and international support."
"ORDER GIVEN TO DEPLOY 25,000 SOLDIERS"
Thanking Colombian President Gustavo Petro, Maduro stated, "He has ordered the deployment of a new force of 25,000 soldiers to the Catatumbo region of Colombia. Venezuela and Colombia unite for peace because we protect, oversee, and preserve our lands." During the program, Maduro was accompanied by Defense Minister Vladimir Padrino Lopez and senior military commanders.
7 WARSHIPS IN THE CARIBBEAN REGION
Following Trump's decision to send military assets to the Caribbean region under the pretext of "fighting drug cartels," it was reported that a naval group consisting of a submarine and 7 warships had moved to the area.
US-VENEZUELA TENSION ESCALATES
US President Trump had previously issued an executive order to use the military more extensively and effectively under the pretext of combating Latin American drug cartels. Two senior military officials stated to CNN that a decision was made to send 4,000 Marines to the region following Trump's order. On August 15, Trump also ordered the deployment of 3 warships to the waters off Venezuela.
Venezuelan President Maduro, in a statement regarding a possible US intervention on August 18, said, "We defend our seas, our skies, and our lands; we liberate them, we observe and patrol. No empire can touch the sacred lands of Venezuela, and it must not touch the sacred lands of South America."