Former Prince Andrew, who was detained in England, has been released.

Former Prince Andrew, who was detained in England, has been released.

19.02.2026 23:50

Former Prince Andrew, the brother of King Charles III, who was detained on suspicion of abuse of public office in the investigation related to billionaire Jeffrey Epstein, who was found dead in prison while being tried in the U.S. for allegedly running a prostitution ring targeting underage girls in England, has been released. Meanwhile, it was stated that the investigation into Andrew is ongoing. While the search at his address in Norfolk has been completed, it was announced that the search at his address in Berkshire is still ongoing.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, brother of King Charles III of England, who had his royal titles stripped due to his connections with billionaire Jeffrey Epstein, who was found dead in prison while awaiting trial on charges of establishing a sex trafficking network targeting underage girls in the U.S., was released after being detained on suspicion of abuse of public office.

INVESTIGATION CONTINUES

In a statement by Thames Valley Police, it was noted that 66-year-old former Prince Andrew had been released, and the investigation is ongoing. The police reported that the search at Andrew's address in Norfolk had concluded, while the search at his address in Berkshire was still ongoing.

Former Prince Andrew, who was detained in England, has been released
Andrew leaving the police station

KING CHARLES: THE LAW MUST TAKE ITS COURSE

In a written statement following Andrew's detention, King Charles III of England said, "I learned with great concern about the news regarding Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and the allegations of misconduct in public office. A proper, fair, and appropriate process will now begin, in which this matter will be investigated by the relevant authorities. As I have said before, we are providing full and heartfelt support and cooperation to the authorities in this matter. I want to make it clear that the law must take its course. While this process continues, it would not be appropriate for me to comment further on this matter. My family and I will continue our duty and service to all of you," he stated.

Former Prince Andrew, who was detained in England, has been released

ANDREW REPORTEDLY SHARED SENSITIVE INFORMATION WITH EPSTEIN

The U.S. Department of Justice released 3.5 million pages of documents, 180,000 photos, and 2,000 videos related to sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, whose connections with high-profile politicians and businesspeople have been the subject of scandals, on January 30.

The documents revealed that former Prince Andrew shared reports related to visits to Singapore, Hong Kong, and Vietnam, as well as sensitive information about investment opportunities with Epstein. According to the documents, Andrew forwarded official visit reports sent to him by his then-special advisor Amit Patel just five minutes after receiving them on November 30, 2010. Additionally, it was noted that information regarding "classified" investment opportunities in Afghanistan was also shared with Epstein on December 24, 2010.

Former Prince Andrew, who was detained in England, has been released

INAPPROPRIATE PHOTOS WERE PUBLISHED

The documents revealed that Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, believed to be the individual nicknamed "The Duke," who had his prince and duke titles stripped due to his connections with Epstein, was offered an introduction to a 26-year-old Russian woman by Epstein. In the email correspondence between Epstein and the individual nicknamed "The Duke," it was noted that they discussed having dinner at Buckingham Palace, and in one message, Epstein offered to introduce the Duke to a 26-year-old Russian woman. The latest documents released by the U.S. Department of Justice also included inappropriate photos of former Prince Andrew with a woman.

Former Prince Andrew, who was detained in England, has been released

HE HAD RENOUNCED HIS ROYAL TITLES

On October 17 of last year, Andrew announced that he had renounced his title as Duke of York due to his connections with sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. In his statement, Andrew said, "We have concluded that the ongoing allegations against me overshadow the work being done by Her Majesty and the Royal Family. As always, I am determined to prioritize my duties to my family and my country. I stand by my decision to withdraw from public life five years ago. With Her Majesty's approval, I believe it is now necessary for me to take another step further. Therefore, I will no longer use the titles and honors that have been bestowed upon me. As I have said before, I vehemently deny the allegations against me," he stated.

Former Prince Andrew, who was detained in England, has been released

Following this statement, Buckingham Palace announced that, by the order of King Charles III of England, Andrew's princely title had also been revoked, and he was requested to leave his residence at Windsor Castle, one of the monarchy's main residences. It was stated that the decision was made due to Andrew's connections with Jeffrey Epstein. The former prince left his home at Windsor Castle, the official residence of the Royal Family, on Wednesday, February 4.

In order to provide you with a better service, we position cookies on our site. Your personal data is collected and processed within the scope of KVKK and GDPR. For detailed information, you can review our Data Policy / Disclosure Text. By using our site, you agree to our use of cookies.', '